Introducing Puesto Viejo Polo Day
No trip to Argentina is complete without experiencing the nation’s famous sport. Recognizing the importance of polo for visitors, Puesto Viejo Estancia and Polo Club offers Polo Days with our polo professional instructor. Set in the stunning surroundings of the Argentine countryside, Polo Days give tourists the opportunity to learn more about the game, enjoy two lessons with a professional instructor and the opportunity to watch a real polo club members play in an adrenaline fuelled match.
Polo Lessons & Instructors
Polo Days Itinerary
Polo Day guests will be collected from their hotel in Buenos Aires and travel to the province by private car. Once at Puesto Viejo, guests will meet our polo professional and bilingual teacher, and enjoy tea, coffee and assorted cakes. You will receive an overview of the sport before taking guests on a tour of the stables and the estancia. After initial instruction at ground level, clients will then get up on the horses and try polo first hand.
A delicious 3-course traditional lunch will be served under the trees in the garden of our boutique hotel, surrounded by nature and stunning views. After lunch, guests will have the option to explore the estancia on foot or by bike or perhaps just relax by the infinity pool.
The second lesson will start at the leisure of our guests. If guests would like to partake in a mini-match, they will conclude their second lesson with this exciting event.
Coffee, tea and an afternoon snack will be served.
*During polo season (September-May), on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays guests will have the chance to watch polo club members and professionals playing a 4-chukker match (sometimes their instructor even partakes in this match!), with Puesto Viejo Estancia staff member on hand to talk them through what is going on and answer any questions. Guests will also have the option to get more involved in the game, throwing in the ball and ringing the chukker bell – ideal photo opportunities!
Guests will be taken back to the city, by private car, to share their newfound polo knowledge, skills and stories with friends!
- Lesson and match times may change according to the day.
- During June, July and August there is no guarantee that guests will watch a polo match, as it is off-season for Argentine polo.
- When: everyday throughout the year. There is the possibility of having a polo day for any day upon request, but possible participants should inquire if there will be a match available to watch
- Timing: Clients will be collected from their hotels at 9 a.m. and return at 6 p.m.
- Price: US $195 per person (based on a minimum of 2 people).
- Previous Experience: No previous riding experience is required.
- Equipment: All basic polo equipment will be supplied (i.e. polo sticks, balls, riding chaps and helmets). Guests should wear comfortable clothing (ideally trousers) and sensible footwear (boots/trainers) Guests wishing to use the pool should bring their swimsuit, sunscreen and towels.
- Language: Lessons can be taught in Spanish or English.
- Gastronomy: Soft drinks are complimentary throughout the day. Lunch is traditional Argentine cuisine; please inform staff of any dietary requirements prior to arrival. Wine will be served during lunch. Booking Procedure: We offer various modes of payment. Please consult.
Reservation policy:To ensure a booking for a Polo Day, a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the reservation is required.
Cancellation: If the reservation is canceled more than 2 days before the date of booking, the money paid can be credited for a future booking or refunded in full. If the reservation is canceled on the day of booking money will not be refunded.