Puesto Viejo Polo Days
Introducing Puesto Viejo Polo Days
No trip to Argentina is complete without experiencing the nation’s famous sport. Recognizing the importance of polo for visitors, Puesto Viejo Estancia and Polo Club offers Polo Days with our polo professional, Julio Casares. Set in the stunning surroundings of the Argentine countryside, Polo Days give tourists the opportunity to learn more about the game, enjoy two lessons with a professional instructor and the opportunity to watch a real polo club members play in an adrenaline fuelled match.Join the experts at Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club
Polo Lessons & Instructors
Julito CasaresArgentine born Julito Casares has years of polo experience, both teaching and playing the game. Career highlights include playing professionally at clubs in Europe for 6 years (England, Poland, Austria and Hungary), for 3 years in Central America and being a manager at the CP Polo Club in California. In Argentina, he was a manager and vice president at the Camet Polo Club in Mar del Plata for 4 years. His knowledge, expertise and teaching qualifications, combined with his patience and genuine love of the sport, make him the ideal tutor for those trying polo for the first time.
Santiago ‘Chino’ de EstradaSantiago ‘Chino’ de Estrada is a 6-goal polo player and coach based in the Buenos Aires province, Argentina. He has 20 years of experience teaching polo players, patrons and beginners. Through individually tailored polo lessons, Santiago can help you rapidly improve your game, hitting technique and riding for polo. Santiago has worked worldwide with patrons, players and beginners and is passionate about individual polo coaching according to individual needs. His coaching style combines traditional techniques with modern polo riding skills and match play.
Polo Days Itinerary
- 10 a.m.: Polo Day guests will be collected from their hotel in Buenos Aires and travel to the province by private car. Once at Puesto Viejo, guests will meet resident polo professional and bilingual teacher, Julio, and enjoy tea, coffee and assorted cakes. Julio will give an overview of the sport before taking guests on a tour of the stables and the estancia. After initial instruction at ground level, clients will then get up on the horses and try polo first hand.
- 1 p.m.: A delicious 3-course BBQ will be served under the trees in the garden of our boutique hotel, surrounded by nature and stunning views. After lunch, guests will have the option to explore the estancia on foot or by bike or perhaps just relax by the infinity pool.
- 2/3 p.m.: The second lesson will start at the leisure of our guests. If guests would like to partake in a mini-match, they will conclude their second lesson with this exciting event.
- 4/5 p.m.: Coffee, tea and an afternoon snack will be served.
- *During polo season (September-May), on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays guests will have the chance to watch polo club members and professionals playing a 4-chukker match (sometimes their instructor even partakes in this match!), with Julio or a Puesto Viejo Estancia staff member on hand to talk them through what is going on and answer any questions. Guests will also have the option to get more involved in the game, throwing in the ball and ringing the chukker bell – ideal photo opportunities!
- 6 p.m.: Guests will be taken back to the city, by private car, to share their newfound polo knowledge, skills and stories with friends!
- Lesson and match times may change according to the day.
- During June, July and August there is no guarantee that guests will watch a polo match, as it is off-season for Argentine polo.
- Weather may also restrict polo matches.
- When: everyday throughout the year. There is the possibility of having a polo day for any day upon request, but possible participants should inquire if there will be a match available to watch
- Timing: Clients will be collected from their hotels at 10 a.m. and return at 8 p.m.
- Price: US $170 per person (based on a minimum of 2 people).
- Previous Experience: No previous riding experience is required.
- Equipment: All basic polo equipment will be supplied (i.e. polo sticks, balls, riding chaps and helmets). Guests should wear comfortable clothing (ideally trousers) and sensible footwear (boots/trainers) Guests wishing to use the pool should bring their swimsuit, sunscreen and towels.
- Language: Lessons can be taught in Spanish or English.
- Gastronomy: Soft drinks are complimentary throughout the day. Lunch is traditional Argentine cuisine; please inform staff of any dietary requirements prior to arrival. Wine will be served during lunch. Booking Procedure: We offer various modes of payment. Please consult.